Pumpkins Nurseries are inspiring places for you to work and for our children to learn. Why?
- Because we invest as much care in our staff as they do in our children. We are a family and pride ourselves in supporting and looking out for each other.
- We're experienced childcare providers with a great reputation. We recognise that having highly-qualified, energetic and committed staff helps us to provide the best care and education for our children.
- We offer an excellent benefits package to our staff: competitive salary, pension, training and generous holidays. We aim to be a Real Living Wage Employer and ensure that you are rewarded for the excellent work that you do.
- All our nurseries are homely, inviting and geared towards encouraging exploration and investigation, with children at the centre.
- We're located in rural areas with easy access to outstanding countryside. We place great emphasis on outdoor learning and physical activity, running weekly Forest School sessions in all our settings.
- Our playrooms are well-resourced to offer our children a broad range of engaging learning experiences
Would you like to work for a Nursery who takes as much care of you, as you do the children? Pumpkins Nursery Sherston is now looking for an Early Years Educator to work with children aged 2-4 years.
Hours: 40 hours a week, between the hours of 8am - 6pm (Monday - Friday)
Salary: All Level 3 or above qualified staff can expect a starting salary of a minimum of £9.25 per hour.
As an Early Years Practitioner you will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of care and learning and development for children, to ensure the individual needs of the children are identified and met along with building positive working relationships with the children, staff, and parents.
You will be qualified to level 3 in Childcare and have relevant experience in supporting children’s learning and development in line with the EYFS in an Early Years environment, preferably with children over two years of age.
You will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Have a full and relevant level 3 qualification in Childcare.
- Be an inspiring practitioner with a sound knowledge of child development.
- Be proficient in leading the delivery of all aspects of teaching and learning.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Display a caring and nurturing attitude towards the children in your care
Role responsibilities include:
- Act as designated key person for an allocated number of children.
- To observe, plan and assess children’s learning and development within the EYFS framework.
- Develop positive partnership with parents.
As part of the Pumpkins team you will eligible for the following benefits:
- Starting salary from £19240 per annum
- Paid Christmas holiday period
- Generous holiday scheme
- Paid bank holidays
- 50 % discounted childcare at our nurseries
- Ongoing professional development, training and promotional opportunities.
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
Pumpkins Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
We pride ourselves on our very low turnover of staff! If we do not have any vacancies currently advertised and you would like to be considered for a position when one becomes available, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining what you are looking for and why you would like to work for us to: firstname.lastname@example.org